Clogged Toilet Repair Services in Brick, NJ
A clogged toilet is more than a nuisance - it can also create a plumbing emergency. Call us to schedule toilet repair and installation services in Northern Ocean County and Southern Monmouth County.
When your toilet is clogged or malfunctions, it impacts your entire household. Not only does it create an inconvenience - especially if it’s the only toilet in your property - it can also potentially cause water damage. To avoid this, it’s important to schedule repairs with a professional as soon as possible. Call Garon T Plumbing for all of your toilet repairs - from clogs to replacements. We provide same-day services to Brick Township!
Are you installing a new toilet and other fixtures during a bathroom remodel? Schedule an appointment with our experts to ensure the work is done right!
How To Prevent Toilet Clogs
When your toilet clogs, it’s important to have it repaired as soon as possible to prevent water damage to your home or building, and to avoid having overflowing sewage on your floors. Of course, one of the easiest ways to avoid these issues is to prevent it from happening in the first place. Some ways to avoid a backed-up toilet can include:
- Don’t flush disposable diapers or wipes.
- Avoid placing large wads of toilet paper into the toilet.
- Never flush paper towels.
- Don’t place items like Q-tips or other beauty and hygiene products in the toilet.
- Avoid flushing hair trimmings or nail clippings.
- Keep a wastebasket near the toilet to remind yourself and others to throw non-flushable items there.
Professional Solutions To Clogged Toilets
Is a plunger not doing the trick to remove the blockage in your toilet? It can be time to call in a professional. Plumbers have special equipment to help them quickly and accurately remove a clog. Typically, a professional may use an auger to remove the blockage.
An auger is a tool specifically designed for toilets. It consists of a hollow tube attached to an elbow fitting that’s covered by a rubber sleeve to protect the toilet bowl from scratches. The auger has a flexible cable that is fed through the toilet drain with a hand crank to dislodge the clog.
Is your sewer line malfunctioning? Contact our experts to learn about our sewer line repair services.
Signs Your Toilet Needs To Be Replaced
Is your aging toilet starting to require repairs, or clogging frequently? It might be time to replace it. When deciding whether or not to install a new unit, watch for the following signs:
- AGE: If your toilet is older and requires a lot of replacement parts to keep it functioning, it can be more cost-effective to replace the toilet with a new model.
- CRACKS: Because most toilets are made of porcelain, they can develop cracks. These might start as hairline fractures, but as these expand they can cause serious water damage to your home or building.
- FREQUENT CLOGS: Older toilets might have design issues that prevent water from properly pushing through the toilet with enough force. This can cause clogs to occur.
- WEAR AND TEAR: As your toilet ages it can develop scratches from wear and tear. These scratches can show stains and cause dirt to cling to them, making the toilet more difficult to clean over time.
- INCREASED UTILITY BILLS: Older toilets may use more water than newer models.
Does your clogged toilet need professional repairs? Call Garon T Plumbing at (732) 451-3599 to schedule an appointment in Brick, NJ. We offer same-day services!
“Always On-time, professional, accurate in problem-solving, and establishing pricing to make it right.”- William C.
“On this last visit, they were here to replace a leaky faucet and noticed that the hot water valve to the dishwasher was not fully open; it was left that was by the installer from where the unit was purchased two years ago.”- Theo C.
“The two young men were courteous, professional, and efficient.”- Dean G.