Burst Pipe Repair in Brick Township
Repairing Frozen Pipes in Howell, Point Pleasant, Freehold, & the Surrounding Areas
Freezing temperatures can bring larger worries than just trying to stay warm - they can also put your pipes at risk for freezing and then potentially bursting. When a pipe bursts it can quickly cause extensive damage to your house. You need expert help, fast. When a frozen or burst pipe occurs at your Brick Township property, call Garon T Plumbing, Heating, and Air Conditioning. With us, quality service is guaranteed - it’s in our name!
Why a Burst Pipe Is a Plumbing Emergency
As winter temperatures plummet, it’s important to be aware of the status of your pipes. Why? Because if your pipes freeze it can quickly turn into a plumbing emergency, especially if they burst. When a pipe bursts, it might start as a small leak, but eventually the hole will expand, and before you know it, hundreds of gallons of water can fill the lower level of your property. This can cause water damage to your floors, walls, insulation, and electrical work. If left untreated, it can also lead to the formation of mold or mildew, putting your family’s health at risk.
Common Causes of Burst Pipes
The most dangerous time for burst pipes is during the winter. This is because pipes can easily freeze over which may cause them to expand and then burst. While freezing over is the most common form of burst pipe, there are a few others.
- Clogs: A considerable blockage can cause the water to build up and create pressure in the pipes.
- Aging Pipes: As pipes age, they are subject to normal wear and tear such as corrosion and cracks.
- Trees: The roots of most large trees can crack pipes as they grow into the soil.
- Shifting Earth: The natural shifting of the earth can move pipes from their original position.
- Construction: Sometimes construction projects in other areas can cause damage to pipes.
How to Avoid Burst Pipes
While burst pipes can cause extensive damage to your home very quickly, fortunately, there are ways to avoid these occurrences.
Follow these tips to prevent burst pipes:
- Insulate the pipes during the winter months or use a heat wrap.
- When temperatures dip, run a trickle of cold water in your sink to promote a constant flow in the pipes.
- Call a professional at the first signs of reduced water pressure.
- Look for leaks inside your property.
- Have a plumber inspect your pipes.
- Have professionals replace aging pipes.
- Schedule regular, professional drain cleaning services.
“Always On-time, professional, accurate in problem-solving, and establishing pricing to make it right.”William C.
“On this last visit, they were here to replace a leaky faucet and noticed that the hot water valve to the dishwasher was not fully open; it was left that was by the installer from where the unit was purchased two years ago.”Theo C.
“The two young men were courteous, professional, and efficient.”Dean G.
“Their communication was flawless with text messages confirming my appointment.”Mark W.
“Two super great guys! Thanks for all your patience and a job/job well done!!”Alice & Michael G.